Book The Movers
You can choose to have movers pack everything, or just the breakables, or you can pack yourself. It is a good idea to obtain estimates from several different companies and ask for complete references. They’re also available to unpack once you’re in your new home.
If You Own Your Present Home
Arrange to have your gas, water and hydro meters read on the day you leave and forward the bill to your new address. Have the oil tank read and filled before your sale closes (unless stipulated otherwise in the offer). If the water heater or furnace is rented, arrange for a transfer of the rental agreement to the purchaser. Disconnect your internet & cable.
If You Rent Your Present Home
Give necessary written notice to your landlord and make arrangements for the return of any money you have on your damage/ pet deposit.
At Your New Home
Make arrangements for the gas and electric utilities, internet and cable to be connected on the day the sale closes.
- Email friends & family to let them know the change of address
- Have the post office forward your mail to your new address
- Cancel any contracted services and pre-authorized cheques
- Inform gardening, dry cleaning, garbage pick-up, newspapers, magazines and other home services
- Arrange for service at your new address
- Cancel or transfer social, athletic, civic, religious or business affiliations and memberships
- Arrange for transfer of medical, dental, prescription and optical records
- Change the address on your driver’s licence(s) effective the day of the move
- Collect all items out for cleaning, repair or storage (e.g. dry cleaning)
- Make special arrangements for the moving of your pets
All information displayed is believed to be accurate, but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. No warranties or representations of any kind are made with respect to the accuracy of such information. Not intended to solicit properties currently listed for sale.The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS® and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA.REALTOR® contact information provided to facilitate inquiries from consumers interested in Real Estate services. Please do not contact the website owner with unsolicited commercial offers.
PERSONAL REAL ESTATE CORPORATION